Monday, March 19, 2012

RBMC Remembering Moebius


Inked version

Pencil drawing

This week on RBMC Blog we decided to dedicate the weeks topic to late great illustrator Jean "Moebius" Giraud. This drawing is of U.S. Cavalry Lieutenant Mike Blueberry, one of Moebius's many beloved characters. 

This drawing was done mostly with pitt brush markers on 18"x 24" paper. below are the pencil drawing and the final inked version. 

While I was drawing this I had an image in my mind of how I imagined it would look if this was one of Moebius's drawings, and I originally tried to emulate that imagined drawing, but I soon realized that such a thing was impossible, I can only draw how I draw, and I have to accept that. Once I did, I felt much beter about this drawing. 

You can see a computer colored version of this drawing posted at RMBC central, as well as all of the other "Rust Belter's" Moebius tributes.



No comments:

Post a Comment