Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ralph McQuarrie Tribute

And now for something I don't usually do ...Process shots! 
Yay! 


This is my initial sketchbook sketch of what I wanted to draw for this weeks RBMC blog tribute to the amazing concept artist Ralph McQuarrie. This sketch is very lose and fast and really just to get an idea out of my head and to warm me up for drawing.


Okay we're in photoshop now, I just started by laying down some color on a multiply layer over the line work,just to get a basic sense of what I want my color to be. After this I start modeling with color (or the hard/fun part if you will).


And now the part of the drawing were I pay for my laziness earlier in the process, I'm not happy with the composition and I remove Luke, also not being happy with Darth's pose I change that as well. This is easy enough to do in photoshop, but that's one of my bad habits, someday I hope to break.



To see the final finished (redundant I know, I still like the phrase) image head over here RBMC to the blog

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Really enjoy these "behind the scenes" looks at your work.

    ReplyDelete