Tuesday, February 7, 2012

RBMC: Childhood Cartoons! Inky lines

This week's Rust Belt Monster Collective's topic was , to draw our childhood cartoons...and I had ...a lot, and I couldn't choose just one, so I went with: Godzilla, Voltron, Optimus Prime, Lion-O, Winston Zeddemore, He-Man, Donatello, video game Link, Slimer, and lil'old me in my kick ass Superman jammies' (with Velcro cape!), I still feel like I left a a bunch of favorites out (my bad Snake Eyes, Gonzo, Super Friends Batman, and Spider-man).

To  see the super-sweet 1986-ish colors go here:   



This is the finished "ink" art. I took the original scanned sketches and combined them in photoshop and cleaned (sort of) everything up.




   
This is the original inked drawing from my sketch book, you can almost see where I started to draw Donatello behind Lion-O and in  front of Voltron's lion foot. In this drawing he fits there well "compositional-ly", but for the finished drawing that I had in mind, I preferred him in his final spot.





Here is the original sketch of the kid, he was the first thing that I drew in this piece that i was happy with, but I realized that I didn't have enough room on the page for the rest of the drawing as I wanted it, so I erased him, but I scanned him before that so I could use him later (computers are cool),



No comments:

Post a Comment