Monday, April 20, 2015

Tim's Outrageous Aquaman!


Aquaman from the fantastic "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" cartoon is my favorite incarnation of the character.  This image is an Acrylic painting on an old, 18"x24" piece of canvas board. A painting that, if you feel so inclined, you can purchase at Carol & John's Comic shop's (in Cleveland, Ohio) Free Comic Book Day 2015 Art show. 

This is my original drawing doodled in photoshop.



I printed the drawing out on the biggest paper that I could find (two 11"x17" sheets), and using clear gel medium, attached the printouts to the canvas board. This saved me a ton of time not having to redraw my drawing on the board.



Once that was dry, I started paining the background, and then worked my way through the rest of the piece until it was finished. 


No comments:

Post a Comment